Exhibition Update #12


Dear ISL Community,

We are entering the homestretch of the Year 6 IBPYP Exhibition. The focus these past few days has been primarily on rehearsing and refining their presentations. Some students have also been finalizing their Actions. Some of these Actions were presented at the Early Years and Upper Primary Assemblies.

Thanking students for their donations and encouraging them to continue bringing them in.

As a result of their Action, a group of students visited the Matthew 25 orphanage to deliver the goods they had collected from the primary school students. The donations included millie meal, diapers, baby formula and sugar. 
Students standing with the owner of Matthew 25 Orphanage.
Delivering the collected donations to the orphanage.



Here are what some students wrote in their weekly journal reflections.

If I could rate my presentation practice from 1 - 10 it would probably be a 6/10.The reason I gave myself that score is because I did not speak loud enough and I was looking at the screen most of the time and I will not look confident on stage. I will try and make it better by practicing more. The ATL skill that I demonstrated was a thinker because I was making good progress throughout my Exhibition. I think I have enough information on my topic but I am determined to do more research. Exhibition is coming soon and I have to get prepared for it and I have to practice my presentation. I don’t have an actual script to follow. I will just say words that come from my head using my knowledge on sustainable cities.
 -Swen


Radio Talk Over
We went to the radio talk show and my group members and I were the first ones to talk. At first I thought I would be bad but actually I was good . My partners were a bit worried or scared, but I practiced a lot at home so I could remember my lines . We went into a room and they put a mic on us and then the person who was asking the questions stayed behind the camera and asked us the questions and we looked at the camera and talked . It was a lot of fun because it was a whole new adventure.


ATL skill Improved or Need to Improve
The ATL skill I think I need to improve is Resolving Conflict because when you work in groups there are small conflicts that happen and I’m not that good at handling them because when I’m working with my partners and they are not that serious I sometimes need to say that stay focused in a serious voice, but my partners think I’m rude. In actuality I’m not .
-Veda


I rate myself a nine out of ten on my presentation scale because I have a loud and clear voice. Also when I speak I look at all sides of the audience and show them eye contact. I also take small breaks in between so they can understand me more and I speak slow and steady. When I present I stand up straight too so it does not look like I am bored or scared. And last but not least I also ask the audience questions while I talk and they have to answer them and if they are wrong I will explain what is wrong.
-Owen


I think the ATL skill I have demonstrated this week is Thinking skills. I think I showed this ATL skill by trying over and over again until we managed to come up with a way to finish the editing for our final video. I think the learner profile attribute I showed the most this week was inquirer. I thought I was an inquirer because I researched what to do for editing our final video and I finished editing it.
-Tessa


Kind Regards,

Year 6 Students and Teachers

Comments