Exhibition Update #8

Dear ISL Community,

This week the students worked on planning their Exhibition presentations. Students had options and personal input of how they wanted to present their inquiries and newly acquired knowledge.

To help guide students on their presentations, they were required to outline and script it. Here is an example of part of a plan.

Voice Over: Climate change is a change in the weather over a long period of time. It's not weather change because the weather could change between days, weeks or months. We’re talking like 50-100 years! It is usually the world getting hotter (Global Warming).

Text on screen:

  • Change in weather over a long period of time.
  • Over about 50-100 years.
  • Usually the earth gets warmer.
  • Climate Change makes the world Hotter.
  • It makes the seas and oceans rise.
  • More droughts occur.
  • More frequent natural disasters.Text: Did you know that most seaside countries could be flooded 20 years from now! Also 20 years from now the earth will be hotter by 2.7 degrees!

Voice over: Did you know that most seaside countries could be flooded 20 years from now! Also 20 years from now the earth will be hotter by 2.7 degrees! You may be wondering how, and it is because of climate change it is a serious problem all over the world and it increases flooding heat and much more dangerous things. This presentation was created to inform you about it.



Another example of student plan for their presentation.




Students wrote about their experiences and feelings with Exhibition in a journal entry this week.

Exhibition challenges me by making me do more work at certain times. It also challenges me by giving me long exhausting tasks that I think I can't complete but in the end I pull through. My topic is Gender Inequality which if you think about it sounds like an easy topic but once you get into the research you feel like your heads about to explode. Doing Exhibition has taught me that no matter what you do you should not wait for the last minute.
-Lumina


I see myself growing very slowly but at least I am catching up to the class and I am getting better than I was last year. I am not wasting my time as much anymore. I am so happy. I can pay attention better and understand Exhibition more. 
-Athea

Exhibition is helping me grow as a learner. It showed me how to be responsible, and a little bit more confident to speak to people and not be shy. Exhibition challenges me by working independently, because I like working with partners or groups because I find it easier, but in this project I will be working independently. 
-Delisha

The exhibition is really fun. We chose our topics and researched about them. It is helping us as a learner about animal life in our world. It challenges me with social skills, because I don't do well when I am in a team.
-Gilad

I think that this is helping me by making me use my research skills and my ability to work with others. It has definitely helped me understand Climate change even more. It has made me be more open-minded and now I can be a better learner.I think it has made me a better learner by improving my research skills and other stuff like being able to tell a faulty or real website from a real one.It has changed me by helping me learn about climate change and how it affects people and other types of life or how it started and how we can fix it.
-Alice

A special thank you to all community members who took the time to fill out the student surveys. 

Kind Regards,

Year 6 Students and Teachers

Comments

  1. Well done Year 6!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see the reflections of the process for the Exhibition- how your research skills have been sharpened, how you have been challenged and how you have become a better learner! This is all in the process of growth and guess what " this learning never ends". We keep learning each day!
    Well done on your reflections

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment